Saturday, May 2, 2009

Souter to retire

One of the things I suggested my students do after the election was to pray for the health of the Supreme Court Justices. I truly was not being sarcastic, but genuinely concerned about the direction the court would head under such liberal President.

Well, health doesn't seem to be the issue (although we do not really know) Souter has made public his retirement. While Souter was nominated by George H.W. Bush he has leaned further and further left. Unfortunately I think his replacement will not only be FURTHER left, but based on the President's recent comments, a judicial activist.

I detest judicial activism. The Constitution is NOT a living document. The Supreme Court's primary goal is not empathy and identification with every demographic, but to uphold the Constitution.

Keep the prayers going for the rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment