Thursday, July 23, 2009

A Simple Choice

Right now I'm ready to lose my mind over the health care debate. I honestly don't even see how there is a debate. There is not ONE single country with government run health care that is considered world-class.

Simple question. If you had a serious illness, would you like a Dr. that was free to charge what he felt he could get paid for the level of care he provided, based on his own reputation and knowledge? Or would you prefer a Dr. that was told a maximum amount he could charge, a standard treatment that was allowed in a system where the brightest minds had chosen not to practice medicine since they could earn more in many other fields?

I know what choice I'd make, what about you?

3 comments:

  1. not ONE single country? You don't consider France or England to be world-class? Really?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meredith,
    You might try re-reading what I wrote. I referred to their health care as not being world-class. YES! I do believe that both France and England do NOT have world-class health care. That's why the rich from there come here.

    ReplyDelete